Monday, May 9, 2011

Wasting Time

For the past couple of weeks I have been cleaning and rearranging the house. Ideas haven’t really been coming lately. Most of the time ideas come to me from out of nowhere while I am doing menial tasks like housework, but not now. I feel restless. So much so, that I am having a little trouble (more than usual) getting to sleep at night. Maybe I am thinking about it too hard. Maybe I am just avoiding the idea of sitting down and really working at it. Who knows? Sometimes things come really easily, and sometimes it is like pulling teeth.

 I did get one idea from another blog (Unfinished Work), and that was to do some visual journaling. So, I went out and bought a little sketch book to doodle in. I am hoping that some mindless (as well as mindful) drawing will unleash my creativity, because I am becoming a little frustrated at this point. Of course, it remains to be seen if I will actually sit down and do that.  I’m thinking maybe I should take my sketchbook and sit outside for awhile. I think the fresh air, and sunshine will do me some good, but first I have to rearrange the patio!


http://www.deadtreeart.com



No comments: