Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Analogous Studies

Here is the latest piece that I am working on. It is a vector piece done entirely in Illustrator. There is still a lot of work to do on it. I have to finish doing the veins, work on the egg, and of course, do a little tweaking to the leaves. Right now, they are all exactly the same (except for the colors).

The work is going a bit slow right now. The image is pretty large, and Illustrator is moving at a snail's pace. I had to change the compatibility settings to work with XP cause the program kept crashing in Windows 7. If anyone knows how to solve the speed problem when working with large files. Please let me know. It is really, really, really frustrating. Sometimes I feel like throwing my computer across the room, because I have to wait twenty minutes for anything to happen. Adobe... I curse you.

I know, it's a bit odd, but what can I say? My brain is full of crap. I am pretty sure that I was thinking about the analogous studies that I did in my color theory class when I came up with this idea, but don't quote me on that. 

What does it mean? Damned if I know. I just produce whatever my mind happens to spit out. I could say that it was representative of life versus death, but (as is with most art) then you would have to dig out your shovel (Get it? Dig out your shovel. Sometimes, I only succeed at amusing myself). There is no rhyme or reason, it just happens. Sometimes, I find myself hoping that I didn't see it somewhere else, because I really don't want to copy someone else's work. 

People often ask me where I get my ideas from. I get them from the same place that everyone else does. The only difference is that I recreate them. Not all of them. I'm not ready (creatively) to recreate some of my ideas. There has to be a moment. A moment when the planets align, and Venus is in the house of the seventh sun. Actually, the whole planets thing, that is just a bunch of nonsense. I just thought I'd stick it in. It's not really something that can be explained, it just has to feel right.

By the way, if my writing doesn't make any sense...don't tell me. I don't need to know. Thank you and good night.

No comments: