Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I am Not a Writer!



I sit here staring blankly at the computer screen trying to think of what to write, but thinking instead about how infrequently I have any coherent thoughts. They are usually jumbled up in a big mess. That makes me think about those letter magnets that people put on their refrigerators for their children. That is what the words inside my head look like...letters on the fridge. I guess you could say that this blog is about sorting it all out, and discovering who I am.

 It's funny, because I am a thirty (hand covering mouth) year old wife, and mother of one who still hasn't really figured out who she is, or what she wants to be when she grows up. I am a fairly creative person, and kind of fancy myself an artist, but I don't really consider myself one. I guess because I am a wife and mother I just don't consider myself much of anything else. It's not because I don't have much self-esteem (which I don't), it's because I just haven't figured it out. It seems to me that there are a lot of people out there who seem to have some sort of direction in life. I don't think I do. Just like the branches on a tree, my interests, and desires go off in so many different directions that it just seems too difficult to choose something. Sure, I guess that I don't really have to choose, but it would make things a lot easier if I could just find one or two things to focus on. That's not going to happen though. My brain won't allow it. I will try to focus on something, and then think of something else, get really excited, and then abandon what I was originally doing.

For the time being, I will post some pictures of some of the artwork that I have created, some of the photos I have taken, write a few bits and pieces here and there, and just hope for the best. I did manage to create my own shop on CafePress (now Zazzle) though. Feel free to check it out, and let me know what you think. Visit http://www.deadtreeart.com  to see my mish-mosh of designs on t-shirts, and other gift products.

No comments: