Thursday, November 17, 2011

Random Ramblings

Okay, so I'm really really bad at keeping up with this blog thingumabob. My husband says that I should be making weekly posts to give people something interesting to read. I told him that I post sale, and new design information regularly, but apparently that's not good enough (whatever). To tell you the truth, if I'm not in the mood to do it, I absolutely hate writing articles. I would rather be coming up with new designs, or painting, or cleaning, or taking a dump. It's not that I don't appreciate anyone who might read my blog (I don't think anybody does), it's just that I'm not really a writer. Writing is like pulling teeth. Even though I dislike writing, I will do just a little right now. HYPOCRITE!

Things have been getting really busy lately. I find myself trying to create products for my store, promote my store, work on my paintings, and work on illustrations for a children's book. Not that I'm complaining, but sometimes I wish I could get more accomplished in a day.

 I guess I forgot to mention that my sister-in-law asked me to illustrate a book for the 8-11 year old  that she wrote. Well, she did. I told her that I have never done that before, and that I don't know if I can, but I assured her that I would try. She has approached a small publisher about her first book. The publisher told her that she would have to provide her own artwork. I did not know this, but large publishers usually hire their own illustrators when necessary, but smaller publishers don't. That's good to know. My sister-in-law told me that if I do it, that I would basically have a year to come up with all the drawings for maybe a twenty page book. She also told me that if it worked out that I could do the other nine books that she has done. We'll see what happens.  I am working like crazy to try and get as much done as possible. She hasn't heard from the publisher yet, but it never hurts to get ahead.

So, there is a lot to do, and with the holidays coming up and all. Trying to fit doing laundry, dishes, and general household work seems a bit difficult sometimes. It sure would be nice to get a little more help from the other two people who live here, but that's a whole other story. Maybe sometime in the future I will write about that, and what it's like living with a fourteen year old girl. YEAH!

Happy Holidays and don't forget to stop by my store for some great holiday gifts. Dead Tree Art has over 800 customizable products. Add your name, add someone else's name, add your own picture, poem, recipe, or anything else your little heart desires. Take my designs and make them your own. Just don't forget your friends!
http://www.deadtreeart.com

No comments: