Monday, October 10, 2011

The Day The Goldfish Died

At the moment, I am attempting to use a little patience. Under normal circumstances, I would get an idea in my head, and just wing it when putting it onto canvas. For some odd reason I feel that (in order to be a real artist) I need to take the time to do a preliminary drawing of my ideas first. Part of me feels that way. The other part thinks that it's a load of hogwash.

I don't really understand why this belief has come about inside my brain, but it has. "The Day The Goldfish Died" is another one of my "Works in Progress". The drawing is coming along nicely, but honestly, knowing me, I will probably abandon it, and just go back to winging it. Sure, the drawing will come in handy for reference, but it is not even close to being finished, and I would rather just paint already. Not to mention the fact that I already know that I could have done better with a paintbrush.

I have to say that I am much better at painting mirrors than drawing them, so please excuse my rudimentary attempt at doing so. In case you were wondering, yes, it is a shelf with a goldfish skewered on a pencil, and a mirror with water pouring out of it. Don't worry...NO goldfish were harmed in the making of this drawing. Except the ones that died when I was cleaning the fish tank, but that doesn't really have anything to do with this, because in no way whatsoever did I use any of them as models. Flush, down the toilet they went.

As you can probably tell from the drawing, I'm not all that great at drawing water either. This drawing will come in handy though, because I can tell that my goldfish needs to move a little more to the left for the composition that I want, but other than that, I pretty much already knew what I wanted in the first place.

I am hoping that I will be able to buy some more paint soon, so that I can work on this and "The Little Yellow House".


 I am anxious to get some paintings done. I have decided to go with acrylic this time, because I do not have a studio space, and painting with oils just doesn't work in a townhouse with a family and pets.

I will post photos of the work as it progresses. I hope.
http://www.deadtreeart.com

No comments: