Saturday, May 28, 2011

First Page

Well, I did it! I completed the first page of my visual journal. I am not a psychologist, so I can only describe what it means on the most basic level. I honestly, don't really have any idea why I do half of what I do. Sorry about the quality, but for some reason I always have a hard time taking photos of pencil drawings.


I am fairly certain that this is what it actually looks like inside my head, but I could be mistaken. Most of the important things in my life are broken up into irregular pieces that don't really seem to fit together. I guess you could say that they are all disconnected in my mind. Individual pieces of a puzzle that (for me) seem as if they should come together as a coherent whole, but don't. Some of the pieces are good, and some are not so great, but there isn't really much differentiation between them because sometimes I feel indifferent about both. Not to mention the fact that the negative doesn't define me anymore.

There are still a lot of questions, and gray areas that I have yet to figure out. I'm sure there are some that I never will, but that is the whole reason for this journal. To figure out what I can, and learn to let go of what I can't. To bring about enlightenment, understanding, and maybe just a little cohesion.

So...honest opinion...am I crazy or what?
All I keep thinking is...this would make a pretty interesting abstract painting!

No comments: